How to Use Instagram for Network Marketing
If you’re in the MLM or network marketing world, maybe you’ve tried to use Instagram to sell more of your products, but, if you’re like a lot of network marketers, you might not be seeing a return…
I get a lot of questions about how to use Instagram as a network marketer, so today I’m answering some of the most common questions I get, plus sharing three pillars to success to using Instagram for your network marketing business.
If you’ve ever struggled with knowing what to post on Instagram for your MLM business without feeling cringy or spammy, you’re in the right place because I’m going to share how you can use Instagram to grow your MLM business and grow your team too.
PLUS I’m sharing a full list of content ideas for your MLM business so you can stop stressing and start posting.
How to Use Instagram for Your Network Marketing Business
1. Create Relationships
Your network is your net worth, and this has never been truer than for MLMs.
Realize that as a network marketer, your job is to do just that – network and grow a community on Instagram.
How do you do this? The key is to have conversations.
Set time aside in your schedule for when you are going to reply to Stories or comment on posts or respond to any Direct Messages you get.
Even for MLMs, all roads lead to the DMs, the direct messages. That’s generally where sales happen and luckily for you, I’ve covered this topic in depth in the video right below. Go ahead, check it out and learn how to use the direct messages to close sales.
I recommend to my students when you’re building an Instagram profile to build both a personal brand and a product-based brand, but you have to make it clear that the product is helping you live the lifestyle you’re showcasing through your personal brand.
One common question I get about this topic is this, Elise, because I’m selling both the products and the business opportunity, do I have two target markets?
My quick answer is no, because the business opportunity is really ideal for someone who’s already passionate about the product and lifestyle you’re selling.
The second common question I get is about niching.
Here’s the thing, you have to niche on Instagram if you want to stand out, ’cause the truth is not everyone in the world is going to be interested in your business opportunity.
Your best bet is to lead with niching in on the person who’s going to be interested in the product first and then expand to the opportunity and ideally it’s the same audience.
The last point I’ll make about branding is that you have to make sure your bio is on point.
The bio is your first impression to a potential new follower. Go ahead and check out the video below where I cover how to write a bio for your business. 👇
Here’s the thing, when it comes to network marketing, you can’t just post a photo of yourself holding the product every couple days and expect people to buy. I’m pretty sure you’ll earn $0 dollars, so don’t do this.
The first thing you want to do is find and follow the top earners who are already in your company.
Make sure you turn Instagram notifications on for when they post and get a sense for how often they’re showing up on Instagram and what kind of content they’re posting. You’ll then want to mirror their frequency and follow in their footsteps.
The next thing to remember about your content is it needs to be relevant to your viewer.
Relevant, valuable content on Instagram needs to be inspirational, educational, or entertaining.
I find that most people who are network marketers only want to educate, which is fine, but it can get a little boring for the viewer.
Your brand as a network marketer is more about your lifestyle, so give a full 360° look at your life, not just the products you sell.
Remember that people will buy from those they know, like and trust. So if your Instagram feed shows you living your best life and it’s relatable to your target follower, then it’s going to become a no-brainer for them to take the next step and try the product.
Here’s the other thing: If you can focus on the benefits of the products versus just the features of the products themselves, then it becomes much more easy and natural for your followers to send you messages like, OMG how did you do that? or, How did you get your skin so clear?
I really recommend to use video to highlight the benefits of your products, so show demos, show vlogs of yourself, be real, be raw. Video is key for network marketing.
You’ll also want to make use of Instagram’s features including highlights. Highlights are a great place for people to get to know you very quickly. Almost like the navigation menu of your website, and you also want to use hashtags strategically so that people are finding you for your lifestyle content.
If you really want to take your MLM business seriously, I highly recommend for you to show up in your Instagram Stories at least three times a day.
You can always be showcasing your product, engaging with your audience, answering questions that you get or just showing your lifestyle that your product gives you.
Network Marketing Instagram Content Ideas
Ready for my list of 13 non-spammy content ideas for your network marketing business so you can stop stressing and start posting?
- Behind the scenes. This is an easy-to-create type of content you can share in your Stories or your feed.
2. Host a giveaway or a contest to drive more eyeballs to your feed.
3. Share a fill-in-the-blank sentence, so you go ahead and start a sentence and ask your followers to finish it.
4. A product spotlight. Use your videos to really showcase how your product is used.
5. How-to video, how to actually use your product or apply it in their life.
6. Get-to-know-me content. Share your personal story and how this product helped you overcome a challenge in your life.
7. User generated content. If any one of your customers or anyone on your team has created content that shows them using the product, you can go ahead and share that, too.
8. Sharing tips related to your niche, your brand or your company. Here you want to make sure you’re getting specific to your product and your target demographic.
9. Seasonal content. As holidays happen or events, make sure you’re adapting either how you’re using your product or how you’re talking about it according to the season that people are in. So if it’s Christmas season, talk about how great your product would be as a gift.
10. Lifestyle content. Showcase how your product fits into your life, whether it’s health and fitness, your family life, or just as one of your hobbies.
11. Testimonials. Whenever you have a happy customer review, make sure you’re sharing that.
12. A free resource you’ve made. Maybe you have created your own spin off the products and you want to show people how you use it personally. Whatever you’ve made, if it’s a free resource for your followers, make sure you’re sharing it.
13. Host an ‘Ask Me Anything’. You can do this through an Instagram Live or using the question sticker in your Instagram Stories, the point is to open it up to your audience. Allow them to drop any question to you and go ahead and answer every single one.
Want HUNDREDS of Content Prompts for Your MLM Business?
Know you need to be showing up on Instagram but not really sure what to say?
I got you. 👇
Story Vault is a curated collection of 800 strategic Instagram Story prompts covering the four seasons of business growth, for selling your product AND growing your team:
- Get visible in your market… so you go from being invisible and unknown to “OMG I love watching your Stories!”
- Boost your engagement… so you never get a “crickets only” response to your Stories again
- Get qualified, ready-to-buy leads so you can build up your email list or book out your call calendar
- Lock in chart-topping sales to your programs, products and offers (so you can STOP aimlessly posting on social media and actually see a return from it!)
Hi, I’m Elise Darma!
I traded my 9-5 office cardigan for
that 7-figure entrepreneur life. But
I’m no overnight success. I’ve
experienced burnout, overwhelm
and ghosting Instagram for the
entire month of February 2019. I’m
probably the laziest Instagram
marketer you know, but if you want
to know how to sell more by doing
less – you’re in the right place.
watch the free
Get a weekly dose of what’s
working in my business that you
can implement in yours.