Press and Media
world story is in your hands.
Wanna catch this story for your own publication?
If you’re a blogger, journalist, podcaster, livestream-er, or social media influencer, and would like to feature moi, Elise Darma, then – I’m not gonna lie – I already think you’re pretty awesome. And have great taste.
To help make your job easier, below you’ll find a bunch of “assets” (as we call in the biz) that you can freely use.
To get in touch with me, head on over to my Contact page.
- Was a goody two-shoes in my formative years. Straight-A student, community volunteer, piano teacher, babysitter extraordinaire – all before 18 years old
- Grew up in a pretty conservative, religious household. That restriction of living life according to someone else’s terms is probably what made traveling at 18 years old so ridiculously freeing
- Went on my first solo travel trip with Contiki at 18 years old (yes, there is a very old blog documenting that time, and if you ask nicely, I’ll show it to you)
- Spent my 20s doing random jobs like: working on a cruise ship, delivering morning newspapers, being a marketing intern for Contiki, teaching piano, interning at Global News, selling real estate as a licensed realtor, being a fill-in producer and associate producer for CHUM FM’s morning show, anchoring Ryerson’s on-campus news, and working as a social media marketer (when it was mostly just Twitter and Facebook)
- Went to three Universities, but eventually got a degree in Radio & Television Arts
- Worked as a 9-5er for two years straight before offering freelance services on the side
- Was known in the office for “being frank” and having a face that couldn’t hide my thoughts while in meetings
- 9 months after starting my little side business, quit my day job
- 3 months after quitting, went through a bad breakup that resulted in my own Eat, Pray, Love to Australia, Bali and Hawaii
- A year after quitting my day job, finally gave a name and a website to my new business: Canupy
- Have traveled to places like the British Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Spain, Portugal and Mexico
- Started to grow my personal Instagram account the summer of 2016
- In less than a year, it grew to over 60,000 followers and spawned a new business – this site that you’re on
- Spend about 100 days abroad each year while running Canupy
A BIO YOU CAN STEAL
Everyday, business owners spend their time and energy posting on social media with zero return. Elise Darma is an Instagram educator who helps entrepreneurs turn their Instagram account into the next revenue stream in their business.
She hosts no-fluff courses and workshops that cut through the noise when it comes to Instagram marketing – so that you can get the most out of your social media efforts, while freeing up your time to do the work you love.
As an educator, Elise has helped her students earn over a million dollars in reported revenue from their Instagram efforts, and has led hands-on workshops with industry partners like Later and Teachable.
She’s been featured for her Instagram expertise in publications such as Forbes, Entrepreneur, Brit + Co, Elite Daily and The Everygirl.