5 of the most profitable Instagram niches
Times have changed, my friend.
You no longer need a fancy website to start a profitable business.
You could very well get started with just an Instagram account.
Don’t believe me? That’s how I created my six-figure business(es).
I’ve got multiple income sources coming in – all thanks to a free app.
So how did I do it?
By finding a profitable niche and creating a community around my passions for travelling and working remotely.
It’s not a get-rich-quick scheme, but if you’re prepared to put in the hard work, it’s possible to make a decent living and quit that job you loathe.
Are you ready to find your tribe and thrive?
Here are five of the most profitable Instagram niches to get started with today.
1. Health & Fitness
- Are you passionate about promoting a healthy lifestyle? 🍎
- Want to show off your workout routines to the world? 💪
- Or inspire people to go vegan with your delicious recipes?
Then hop aboard the health and fitness Instagram train!
I know what you’re thinking.
“Elise, it’s such an oversaturated niche. There is zero room for me to make any money.” 🙄
But don’t let that type of thinking fool you.
There is ALWAYS an opportunity for you to get a piece of that pie.
And the great thing about niches with loads of competition is that even if it’s a tiny slice, it can still mean making some serious cha-ching. 😋
Plus, health and fitness is an evergreen niche.
People will always want to know hacks on staying healthy and how to grow that booty (for example 😉).
BRAND GOALS FOR THE HEALTH & FITNESS NICHE:
- Does your bank account quiver every time Kylie Jenner drops a new product line? 💄
- Are your friends always asking you to help them with their hair and makeup? 🎀
- Do you spend hours binge-watching beauty tutorials on YouTube? 📺
Makeup artists and hairstylists are making tons of money reviewing products and sharing tips – and so can you.
The key to being successful in such a competitive niche is self expression.
Think outside the box and find a fresh new angle that you can leverage.
Maybe you have problem skin and know a ton of hacks for successfully covering ache, or you’ve got a knack for recreating high-end looks on a low-end budget.
Get creative, and you might just land a spot on your favourite brands’ PR drop list.
BRAND GOALS FOR THE BEAUTY NICHE:
- Do you love exploring new places? 🗺
- Do your friends and family ask “Where are you?” more than “How are you?” ✈️
- Is it your dream to live out of your suitcase while getting paid? 🎒
The phrase “how to become a travel blogger” was one of the highest searched terms in 2017.
But not everyone wants to run a full-blown blog. Luckily, you can still get paid to travel if your feed inspires just the right amount of wanderlust.
All you need to do is get super niche.
- Backpacking, luxury or family
- College students, senior people or millennials
- Adventure travel, slow travel or solo female travel
The more specific, the better chance you’ll have of standing out from the sea of girls holding their boyfriend’s hand in beautiful places. 🙊
BRAND GOALS FOR THE TRAVEL NICHE:
- Have you created a successful business? 💻
- Do you have a lot of knowledge that could help someone else’s business thrive? 🌳
- Are you passionate about teaching people? 💗
Whether the market is up, down or sideways, if there is a way to make an extra dollar, people want to know all about it.
The great thing about becoming a business influencer is that you don’t need to have a Fortune 500 company.
You only need to know enough to be able to teach people who aren’t as far along as you.
That’s how I grew my Social Bank course. After growing followings for clients up to 200K and amassing 70K on my personal account, I knew I could help other people achieve their business goals through Instagram.
Maybe you have a formula for getting tons of traffic from Pinterest, or you’re passionate about helping fellow farmers grow a profitable farm business…
As long as it can help someone achieve their business goals, you’ll be able to thrive in the business niche.
BRAND GOALS FOR THE BUSINESS NICHE:
- Are you always posting your #OOTD on the ‘gram? 👗
- Do your friends constantly hound you for fashion advice? 👠
- Is it your dream to be INVITED to attend New York Fashion Week? 🗽
The key to becoming successful in the fashion niche is to ask yourself what makes you different from everyone else.
Maybe you only focus on vegan-friendly brands, or you’re really good at DIY-ing cheap clothes and turning them into high fashion masterpieces.
You also don’t need to fit into a cookie-cutter mold to be a successful fashion influencer.
Work those curves, biggie-up your natural hair or whatever you love about yourself, and use it to attract your like-minded tribe.
BRAND GOALS FOR THE FASHION NICHE:
Which profitable niche for Instagram are you going to pick?
If you loved this blog post and want even more how-to tips on making sales through your Instagram account, join me for my FREE hands-on workshop.
In this ~co-working~ style workshop, we’ll check off:
- What your best Instagram strategy is – even if you’re new in business or are just starting to use Instagram for your business (PLUS, we’ll give your profile and bio a total makeover)
- What your current season of business is and which features you should focus on to get the most results for your efforts
- How to navigate making reels for your business, especially if you feel silly pointing or dancing on camera (PLUS, we’ll generate 80 content ideas for your next posts – yes, 80!)
- Future-proofing your account for inevitable changes that are coming to Instagram (including an evergreen formula that’ll never go out of style)
Join me at this FREE workshop now ⬇️
Hi, I’m Elise Darma!
I traded my 9-5 office cardigan for
that 7-figure entrepreneur life. But
I’m no overnight success. I’ve
experienced burnout, overwhelm
and ghosting Instagram for the
entire month of February 2019. I’m
probably the laziest Instagram
marketer you know, but if you want
to know how to sell more by doing
less – you’re in the right place.
watch the free
Get a weekly dose of what’s
working in my business that you
can implement in yours.